WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] Importing large code piece into Javascript context without SCRIPT SRC=...

From: "Amit Klein (AKsecurity)" <aksecurity () hotpop com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:05:05 +0200

On 14 Oct 2005 at 10:56, Jeremiah Grossman wrote:

Admittedly, I was a bit confused by what your trying to achieve with
code. So sticking the question at hand...

"Importing large code piece into Javascript context without SCRIPT
SRC" ...
I take to do not use the HTML syntax... <script src="http://foo/
file.js"></script>

Here's an idea..

1) DOM Programming
var js = document.createElement('script');
js.setAttribute('src', 'http://foo/file.js&apos;);
document.body.appendChild(js);

* same effect, but different style.

Not fair ;-)

This will not be allowed (I supposed) by Content-Restrictions that specify no external code
(see the link in my original writeup). I think (hope...) that the Content-Restrictions
would apply to any JS executed, and to dynamically created HTMLs (such as the above).

And there's also a Content-Restriction against creating/modifying HTML nodes.

But yes, I suppose I should have clarified this. So thanks!

-Amit