WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: webapp audit and forensics

From: crazy frog crazy frog <i.m.crazy.frog () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:11:41 +0530

hi,
oswp having some info on it.u can also read the webapp testing cheat
sheet.get it here:-
http://www.secguru.com/web_application_testing_cheatsheet
regards,
----------------
crazy frog

On 10/20/05, Griffiths, Ian <Ian.Griffiths () liv-coll ac uk> wrote:
Have you conducted an audit on a similar scale in the past?

Do you have a plan of exactly what you would like to test and the sum of
how long each of those tests will last?

Are you prepared to lose the work if the client is not prepared to spend
your hourly rate multiplied by this figure?

Second one is easier - of course you should charge if nothing is found.
I personally would ensure that they are clear on what this means - that
during your tests you didn't see anything.  I wouldn't write them a
letter congratulating them on the fact they have no issues whatsoever.

Ian