WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Simple to exploit SQL Injection ?

From: "Dean H. Saxe" <dean () fullfrontalnerdity com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:55:25 -0500

Actually, it is not escaped, if it was the error would never occur. What you are seeing is the opening single quote from the query, the single quote passed by the user, the closing single quote from the query and a final single quote from the error message. ;-)

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CEH
dean () fullfrontalnerdity com
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy? "
    --Gandhi