WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: OWASP Top 10 Demonstration CodeLooking for pen test open source tools

From: "Sebastien Deleersnyder" <sdl () ascure com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:59:44 +0200

Hi,

The owasp tool for this is WebScarab
http://www.owasp.org/software/webscarab.html
The learning curve is somewhat steeper, but once you get this up and
running
you'll notice that a lot can be achieved with it.

A commercial tool that's no too expensive (about 250 Euro) is VForce
at http://solutions.virtualforge.net/sol_vforce_en.php

Remark that these tools allow you to manually test web app security.
There are no - or limited - automated tests incorporated.
Automated 'open-source' scan tools are e.g. nikto or nessus.

Regards,

Sebastien