WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: PCI DSS Compliance

From: Richard Moore <rich () westpoint ltd uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:51:20 +0000

Ademar Gonzalez wrote:
A shared hosting client needs to get his site PCI DSS certified.
He forwarded us the following request from the company doing the assessment.

"Your site could not be certified. Your site appears to be running
scan detection software, that has prevented a reliable port scan. This
test is inconclusive. Please add our scanner ip: ##.##.##.## to your
scan detection software exclusion list to allow our scanner to make a
complete assessment of your system."

Is this request plain stupid or what ? Comments ?

No it's not stupid. For one thing, it is one of the PCI requirements.
They cannot be certified if the scan was blocked by an IPS.

How would you proceed in this situation ?

I would do what my customer asked.

Cheers

Rich.
--
Richard Moore, Principal Software Engineer,
Westpoint Ltd,