WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Request for beta-testers: WebScarab

From: Rogan Dawes <discard () dawes za net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:56:36 +0200

Hi folks

There is a test-release version of WebScarab available on my personal web site.

<http://dawes.za.net/rogan/webscarab/webscarab-one-20060123-0815.jar>

Interesting new features in this version are:

* Comprehensive support for authentication, both Proxy and WWW, including Basic Auth, NTLM, and Negotiate (not Kerberos, though) * Revised client certificate management, supporting multiple client certificates, and easy selection of which certificate to use. * A new plugin contributed by Meder Kydyraliev, which enables WebScarab to check if any of the retrieved pages exist with a backup extension such as .bak, ~, etc, and if any folders exist as zipped, arjed, tarred, etc archives, which may enable the tester to download the entire site. * WebScarab is distributed using a new packaging technique, replacing the "-selfcontained" distribution with a "one-jar" version that can simply be run by double-clicking. It is a better solution that avoids some of the resource conflicts generated by ProGuard that users have reported in the past.

At this point, this is not intended to be an official release. I am making this announcement to solicit testers for feedback on the new features.

Depending on the feedback received, I will make a formal release through sourceforge in a few days time.

On a slightly different note, the CVS repository at SourceForge will become more and more outdated. I have moved to a git source control repository which can be browsed at http://dawes.za.net/gitweb.cgi, or cloned from http://dawes.za.net/webscarab.git/

Feedback welcome, but please unobfuscate my email address before replying. It is lists AT dawes.za.net.

Regards,

Rogan