WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] Re: Oracle in war of words with security researcher

From: Valkyrie <valkyrie () hacktek com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:59:15 -0800

Is this truly a case of Oracle's people being terrible to deal with when it comes to security research and response, or is it more toward the corporate culture that may influence how quickly the organization responds to issues? I could contend the same thing for several enterprise software and security software/hardware vendors presently in the IT space. A culture of trusted advisory and responsiveness to end users just doesn't *seem* to be on the "Top 5 Initiatives" list. Again, my assertion goes back to failure to have received a logical response to the question, "How long is too long to fix your stuff?" Martin has highlighted some excellent points from what may be a vendor perspective, however, those points do not necessarily help resolve this issue.

Regards,
valkyrie

Byron Sonne wrote:

This isn't picking on Oracle, this is true for all vulnerabilities in
widely used publicly available products.

Oracle *should* be picked on though: they're terrible people to deal with when it comes to security research.