WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: FW: Publication of Vulnerabilities in Vendor Code

From: D.Snezhkov <dsnezhkov () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:30:17 -0600

Hi Allen,

I  was faced with  similar situation   some time ago.  I have opted to
post the vulnerability on the  public list after multiple attempts to
work with the vendor.

Later on I was contacted by the vendor  and found out that the email
communication
was routed incorrectly within the company due to unconventional issue
or just the sheer size of the company.

I would advise to making another attempt to  contact them by placing a
call into the company and  getting in touch with the appropriate
people . In my experience they may be unaware of the problem and quite
interested in fixing the issue.

Hope that helps.

Dimitry.