WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: notice: mambo scanner

From: dontbugme () nomail com
Date: 15 Jan 2006 20:50:30 -0000

I have been getting these too.

Here is the scary part:

I got repetitive scans for this and other vulnerability scans, lumped together and not making any sense (the requests
would not return any usable user data and are out of context)>

I complained logged a request for prosecution on a European attack source, and on their provider.

Since 24h after that, all such scans stopped, I did not see one for three days now.
There were some every day.

It is one source, using probably compromised servers all over the world (why would Chinese origins and European origins
stop at the same time?)

There were also always correlated connection requests after a scan (this is a honeypot, I am good!) from other IPs in
sequence after such a scan.

Sure, hhere are script kiddies out there.
This is one organization using worldwide - eventually compromised - hosts to scan periodically, probably the whole 'I'.

Wonder who could that be, who just got ratted out to a foreign coutrie's justics system....

me, safe and secure behind my systems

microsoft free of course...........

This is very significant, since these scans happened a couple of times a day (less than a dozen) from different IPs all
over the world.

I bet, the moment this message here percolated, just to prove the point, that organization will launch at least one new
scan, within baout 12h.

me