WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Hacking webconferencing ?

From: "ROB DIXON" <RDIXON () workforcewv org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:20:42 -0400

sort of MITM attack

Arp poisoning? Cain and Able

with/out encrypting the flow

Without "de" crypting?

I did this once, Arp poisoned with Cain and Able(free) and I had Give Me
Too(free) running(captures IM, pop3, http, ftp, and other info)

I was simply using this combo to sniff traffic. Interesting enough, Give
Me Too was capturing pieces of a webconference from one pc. I got some
side bar chat and some of the rendered pages.

Sorry, I dont remember which Web Conferencing application it was though.

But that combination will capture some of the session. Maybe enough to
prove a point.

Even though the program will say that this folder contains AIM data and
this one has MSN data, etc,etc, Look in those folders anyway, as there
may be some interesting captures there also.

I have seen Yahoo chat logged into the Telnet capture section of Cain
and Able. Funky eh?

Robert L. Dixon,  C|HFI
State of West Virginia's
West Virginia Office of Technology
Infrastructure Applications
Netware/GroupWise Administrator
If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- former White House cybersecurity czar Richard Clarke
"MARTIN Benoni" <benoni.martin () arcelor com>  >>>
Hi list !

I was wondering if someone has any experience in hacking a webconference
over the web (sort of MITM attack, with/out encrypting the flow).

I'm currently working on a such a project, so any feedback, clue, ...
will be highly appreciated !

Thanks in advance folks !

Watchfire named worldwide market share leader in web application
security
assessment by leading market research firm. Watchfire's AppScan is the
industry's first and leading web application security testing suite, and
the only solution to provide comprehensive remediation tasks at every
level of the application. See for yourself.
Download a Free Trial of AppScan 6.0 today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300000007t9c