WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia: Move the list?

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:11:49 +1000

Hi folks,

I've not had much success in getting a response from my SourceForge contact in several months. The spam to the main list address now approaches 300-400 spams a day, and without some assistance from SF, this list will become untenable to manage.

If I've accidentally not approved a posting of yours which has been caught in my spam trap, please post to me directly, and we'll time the submission so I can watch for your post explicitly.

There are several alternatives to this situation:

a) Someone from SF contacts me, urgently. This is the best method as it means continuity ("same bat time, same bat channel")

or

b) We move the list to somewhere I manage or with greater control, like owasp.org, so I can control who can submit postings (thus eliminating ~ 98% of all current spam)

Please send your thoughts on this one to me directly. I will not be approving any followups to this post.

thanks,
Andrew