WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia: Time to choose, please vote

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:46:37 +1000

Hi there,

As I've had no response from SecurityFocus since my last post on Monday, it's time for us to choose a new home for webappsec. I've had overwhelming support for moving the list - in fact, no one piped up for staying here.

I am biased as to where to move the list. I'm the Executive Director of OWASP, and obviously I'd like for this list to move to OWASP. It has a certain symmetry as well; OWASP was formed by discussions on this list way back when, and if OWASP can host the list that created it, that'd be awesome.

However, there are other existing webappsec lists. It might make more sense to merge with one of them rather than continue with three lists. I've had discussions with the webappsec.org folks, and they're okay with merging as long as I asked you folks, and I will mail Kenneth van Wyk (moderator of sc-l) now to give him a heads up.

So I'd like for you folks to decide. Please cut - n - paste the following URL into your browser and vote.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=327432498641

There is no tracking information and and it's a secret vote. So please don't ballot stuff. I know roughly how many subscribers there are, and if there's more votes than that, I'll just move the list to OWASP.

I will publish the results this coming Friday night my time (about 72 hours from now), and as long as there's more than a handful of votes, the winner is where we are moving to.

Vote early... and once.

thanks,
Andrew