WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Xoop

From: Josh Zlatin-Amishav <josh () ramat cc>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 03:47:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Vlad wrote:

Hello,
I am pen testing a site and I found that it is running Apache/2.0.52
(Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7g PHP/5.0.4 mod_jk2/2.0.2  and
Xoop(don't know what version yet) among other things. The core of the
functionality I am testing is related to Xoop.

I searched for bugs and all the other basic stuff.

I noticed something interesting:
https://www.AAAAAAAAAA.com/main/modules/mymenu/index.php?file=index.php
so I tried
https://www.AAAAAAAAAA.com/main/modules/mymenu/index.php?file=../../
And I get a 404 file not found instead of 403!
With the exception of a few default apache DIRs listing is disabled but
all I need is to navigate to a useful/interesting file.

Anyone have any tips about Xoop?

Hi Vlad,
This is not Xoop specific, but do you have any indication if PHP's
open_basedir is enabled? In other words, have you tried requesting OS
related files? Another approach might be to try a remote file inclusion,
(as long as allow_url_fopen has not been disabled) this way you could create
a local shell. Of course if your looking for Xoops specific issues there
are always these:
http://osvdb.org/searchdb.php?action=search_title&vuln_title=xoops&Search=Search

--
 - Josh

--
Vlad G.

material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.