WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Oracle SQL Injection

From: Esteban Martinez Fayo <secemf () yahoo com ar>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

This seems to be a SQL Injection vulnerability in a
SELECT statement. You will not be able to inject DDL
statements or UPDATE/INSERT/DELETEs. What you can do
is inject a function call inside the SELECT statement.

If you have access to the Oracle server and you can
create a function, you will be able to execute it
using the SQL Injection with elevated privileges.
If you do not have access to the Oracle server, you
will need to use one of the many Oracle functions
vulnerable to buffer overflow or SQL Injection.

You can see my last year BlackHat presentation for
examples.
You can download it from
http://www.argeniss.com/research/OracleSQLInjBHUSA05.zip
I think the examples in slides 27 and 34 can be
applied in your situation.

Esteban.

--- Mark Keegan <mark.keegan () paradise net nz> wrote:

Hi Group, I am performing my first web assessment on
a web application with
an Oracle backend.  Now I need to say that my
background is solidly in the
MS space and Oracle is a new beast to me.  I have
discovered that the
application is open to SQL injection and while I can
perform the typical
UNION queries to harvest information from other
tables I am failing to
execute other statements such as INSERT, DELETES or
DROPs.  In MSSQL I can
use a Semicolon ; to append these types of
statements as follows:

;UPDATE sometable SET column x = 'blah'--

It appears that Oracle does not like this type of
syntax where we are
appending an UPDATE onto an existing SELECT
statement.  Could someone please
point me in the right direction on how to execute
these type of commands.

I should also say that the application appears to be
replacing a semicolon
with a coma.

Many Thanks
Mark

Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) is one of the most common
application-level
attacks that hackers use to sneak into web
applications today. This
whitepaper will discuss how traditional CSS attacks
are performed, how to
secure your site against these attacks and check if
your site is protected.
Cross-Site Scripting Explained - Download this
whitepaper today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=701500000008Vmr