WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] Re: SQL In the Request

From: "Rick Zhong" <sagiko () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:05:55 +0800

I have encountered such cases several times .. In one particular case,
the embedded SQL statement is the query which was used to generate
current page. It is then sent back to the server as a parameter. I
still don't have a clue why the developers do this, maybe for
debugging purposes? or just keep track of the previous generated
query?