WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Cannibals are what they eat

From: David Glosser <david_glosser () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 03:37:42 -0800 (PST)

Can you find five or ten sites with just as popular as Amazon and see what their password policy is.
A statement like "8 of the top 10 ecommerce sites have a strong password policy" would place Amazon in the minority.

Let us know how you make out

How should I go about convincing them that Amazon.com is wrong and the
fact that they haven't had a severe account breach is no reason not to
implement a policy ourselves?  Or, to play devil's advocate with
myself, if I'm wrong, why doesn't Amazon enforce a password policy?