WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Platform specific error codes.

From: Zapotek <zapotekzsp () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:25:52 +0300

Hello list,

I'm kinda developing a web application security vulnerability scanner.
It's going to be open source with a metasploit-like interface.

I have finished the interactive shell interface but I want the system to be modularized,
so new recon techniques can be added using simple XML files.

BUT, in order to identify vulnerabilities I need some error codes
generated by different platforms like Python/Perl/ASP/etc. during attacks.

For example, if a PHP application has a file inclusion vulnerability
and the vulnerable variable is "file" the parameter: "file=some_non_existent_file.foo"
Would trigger the error:

*Warning*:  include(some_non_existent_file.foo) [function.include <http://localhost/%7Ezapotek/fis/function.include>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in */home/zapotek/public_html/pen_test/vuln.php* on line *13

*I think you got what I'm saying. :)

Regards,
Zapotek.*
*