WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Wikto and Google API key problem

From: "cgi phantom" <webapps3c () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:11:31 +1000

Hi All,

Well it looks like another problem getting Wikto fully functional. A
Google API key is required to get the Google Hacking working and
unfortunately Google has made some changed as of December 5th, 2006 to
the key generation. Therefore the new keys do not work.

From Sensepost....

                         "Google's API policy has changed in that new
API keys have no longer been issued as from December 5th, 2006..."

In fact they are being issued but they do not work.

So what I require is an older Google API key, one generated before
December 5th, 2006. If anyone is willing to share, I would much
appreciate it as I have a web application pent-test report due on
Friday and would like to test for Google Hacking vulnerabilities for
our client.

Again, if anyone could be kind enough to share their older Google API
key, it will make me extremely happy :)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

CGI Phantom