WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: ASP.NET default input validation

From: pagvac <unknown.pentester () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:14:22 +0100

The following should hopefully help you:

http://www.procheckup.com/Vulner_PR0703.php

On 3/22/07, Mark K. Murdock <mark.murdock () lanternsec com> wrote:
Has anyone identified a way to pass a "<script" string through the
default form/cookie/query validation in ASP.NET 2.0?  I'm referring to
the validation performed on input unless ValidateRequest="false" is
defined in the page directive, web.config, or machine.config file.
We've tried a variety of encodings but haven't found one yet that
doesn't throw an HttpRequestValidationException.

Thanks,
Mark

Watchfire was recently named the worldwide market leader in Web
application security assessment tools by both Gartner and IDC. Download a
free trial of AppScan today and see why more customers choose AppScan
then any other solution.

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscancamp.aspx?id=701500000008fHP

--
pagvac