WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] Deploying WAFs In Listening-Only Mode - Waste of Money?

From: "Henry Troup" <htroup () acm org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:03:22 -0500

For a while, I had the unpleasant experience of having a customer-support forum behind a WAF set for certain kinds of blocking. The result was that single quotes - such as "I can't make this work" - got postings rejected. Now obviously, that's the kind of thing you want to configure out. But until you do, it's absolutely painful and embarassing.

Henry Troup
htroup () acm org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ivan Ristic" <ivan.ristic () gmail com>