WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: extra dot on domain name gives different site

From: Eric Marden <security () xentek net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:12:51 -0500

I've seen it before in my trips around the web. I didn't get a default page, but got 2 different sites with/without a period. But like you said, it probably chokes on it and falls back to the default site or something.

IIS *is* a known issue.

Eric Marden
xentek: enlightened internet solutions
http://xentek.net/