WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: outlook web access authentication

From: "Andy Steingruebl" <steingra () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:30:10 -0700

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I suppose there isn't technically
any reason you can't write this yourself.  You need a way to deliver
SMS messages, a good PRNG, and storage for them.

A user signs up and registers their mobile.
You generate an OTP for them, store it, and SMS it to them
They enter it after receiving it on their phone within XX minutes.

The vendors I mentioned offer packages for doing this....