WebApp Sec mailing list archives

On-Demand Penetration Testing Webcasts with Ed Skoudis of SANS

From: sfa () securityfocus com
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:02:02 -0000

As a security pro, it's important to periodically stop, take a break, and refuel your brain. Once per month, Core
Security Technologies does the same thing and invites industry thought leaders to share their insights through
educational webcasts offering security testing tips, tricks and strategies.

We'd like to share one of our favorite webcast series with you: "Penetration Testing Ninjitsu" with Ed Skoudis of SANS
and InGuardians.

Click here to access this on-demand, three-part webcast series:
http://www.coresecurity.com/Form/generic/campaign/secfocus

About "Penetration Testing Ninjitsu Parts I-III"
These in-depth, technical presentations by Ed Skoudis look at the art and science of using penetration testing to gain
visibility into your organization's security posture.

-- Part I: A brief introduction to the value of penetration testing + an overview of pen testing techniques using the
Windows command shell.

-- Part II: An introduction to techniques for performing the functions of Netcat - such as moving files, scanning ports
and creating backdoors - without using Netcat.

-- Part III: This installment explores what can happen after the initial vulnerability is compromised and a threat
becomes truly invasive - and how to proactively assess your systems against such attacks.

Click here to access the "Penetration Testing Ninjitsu" series:
http://www.coresecurity.com/Form/generic/campaign/secfocus

Core Security provides comprehensive security testing software solutions based on independent, trusted vulnerability
research and leading-edge threat expertise. Unlike many vendor webcasts, these are focused on educating the security
community rather than selling a specific product.