WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: BurpSuite newbie

From: James Eaton-Lee <james.mailing () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 18:45:54 +0000

Andre Rodrigues wrote:

But I donĀ“t know what type of tests to make and neither how to do it. Can you tell me about any site or book with these
tests?

You might grab a copy of the web app hacker's handbook - it's co-written by the author of burp, and it goes through almost every web application vulnerability you're likely to find in the wild or be interested in testing for:

http://www.amazon.com/Web-Application-Hackers-Handbook-Discovering/dp/0470170778

 - James.

--
  James (njan) Eaton-Lee | UIN: 10807960 | http://www.jeremiad.org

   "All at sea again / And now my hurricanes
   Have brought down this ocean rain / To bathe me again"

 https://www.bsrf.org.uk | ca: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3
--

Sponsored by: Watchfire Methodologies & Tools for Web Application Security Assessment With the rapid rise in the number and types of security threats, web application security assessments should be considered a crucial phase in the development of any web application. What methodology should be followed? What tools can accelerate the assessment process? Download this Whitepaper today!
https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=70170000000940F