WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Unable to impersonate another user although having its cookie

From: Michael Yelland <myelland () brotherhoodbank com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:42:21 -0500

Go dload sidejacking, it contains hampster and ferret

On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:36 AM, "Irene Abezgauz"
<irene.abezgauz () gmail com> wrote:

Juan,

A few questions to direct this -

1. are there any parameters in the request itself that are not the
cookie and can be suspected as client/session identifiers?  (either in
the body of a POST or as part of the URL in a GET)?
2. are you trying to execute a similar request? is there a chance you
are failing not due to the cookie but due to lack of other parameters
(such as an anti-csrf token)?
3. is it http or https traffic? I've encountered applications that
make the connection between the ssl session and the application
session.

each of the above can be a direction of why it's not working for you.
answering one or more of those can help direct to the problem.

Irene