WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP AsiaPac 2012 - Sydney Australia CFP and CFT

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:46:27 +1100

Colleagues,

In 2012, OWASP is holding Global AppSec AsiaPac Conference in Sydney Australia! OWASP Asia Pacific is the foremost
Application Security conference for the region, and brings together the community in a central meeting for 4 days to
discuss and present on recent and current Application Security related topics. In previous years the conference has
been held on the Gold Coast Australia, in 2012 the event has been moved to Sydney, and will be held at the Four Points
Sheraton Darling Harbour from the 11th to the 14th of April 2012!

The OWASP AppSec AsiaPac 2012 Call for Papers (CFP) is now open. Please visit the following URL to submit your abstract
for the April 13-14, 2012 talks in Sydney Australia:

http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012talks

We will make the first round of selections, based on the CFPs we have received by February 17, 2012. The final closing
date for submissions is Friday, March 3, 2012.

We look forward to talk submissions over the coming weeks from security practitioners, researchers, thought leaders,
and developers in the following content areas:

* Research in Application Security Defense (Defense & Countermeasures)
* Research in Application Security Offense (Vulnerabilities & Exploits)
* Web Application Security
* Critical Infrastructure Security
* Mobile Security
* Government Initiatives & Government Case Studies
* Effective case studies in Policy, Governance, Architecture or Life Cycle
* OWASP Projects (turbo talks)

Speakers will receive free admission (non-transferable) to the conference in return for delivering a 50 minute talk or
for delivering a 25 minute OWASP Projects turbo talk.

Call for Trainers

OWASP AppSec AsiaPac 2012 is also currently soliciting training providers for the conference. Please visit the
following URL to submit your training proposal for the April 11-12, 2012 training days in Sydney Australia:

http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012training

The following conditions apply for people or organizations that want to provide training at the conference:

* Training provider should provide class syllabus / training materials.
* Proceeds will be split 75/25 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
* OWASP will provide the Venue, Marketing with Conference materials, Registration and basic AV
* Trainers will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s) and all course materials for students
* OWASP will reserve up to 2 training slots at no cost and the trainer may reserve up to one slot at no cost
* Price per attendee: 2-Day Class $995/ 1-Day Class $595
* Trainers can brand training materials to increase their exposure
* Classes are to be focused around Application Security but are in no way limited to web application security.

We will make the first round of selections, based on the Training proposals we have received by February 17, 2012. The
final closing date for submissions is Friday, March 3, 2012.

Please submit proposals to http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012training. All trainers will be required to submit a Training
Instructor Agreement (https://www.owasp.org/images/8/80/APAC2012_Training_Instructor_Agreement.pdf ) in order to have
their classed scheduled.  Additional information can be found at http://www.appsecAPAC.org.

Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.

If you wish to get involved, present or just find out more information about the conference, please contact the
conference chair, Justin Derry, at jderry () owasp org or the conference planning team at appsecasia2012 () owasp org.

Regards,
The AppSec AsiaPac 2012 Program Committee

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus