WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Wordpress Remote Exploit - W3 Total Cache

From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason () zx2c4 com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 11:56:26 +0100

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason () zx2c4 com> wrote:
realizing. I'm copying the author on this email, as he may want to
include a warning message where nieve folks like myself can see it, or
document these somewhere if they're not already, or at least apply the
two .htaccess tweaks mentioned above.

I thought it might be worth amending to the list that I've just had a
long phone conversation with the author of the vulnerable code, and we
discussed several different solutions to solving the likelihood of a
user's misconfiguration as well as mitigating the potential damage
that could be caused by it. The author said he intends to release a
fix soon.

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus