WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP Zed Attack Proxy: Weekly releases

From: psiinon <psiinon () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:10:09 +0100

Hi folks,

Just a quick email to let you know that we are now generating weekly
OWASP ZAP releases.
These are just intended for people who want to use all of the features
we've added since 1.4.* but dont want the hassle of building ZAP from
the source code.
While we endeavor to ensure that weekly releases are robust, things
may be broken or only partially implemented.
If you have not used ZAP before it might be better to start with the
latest 'full' release.
We will still carry on doing full releases, which we expect most
people to continue to use.

For those who dont know, ZAP is an easy to use integrated penetration
testing tool for finding vulnerabilities in web applications.
It is a flagship OWASP project and the tool OWASP recommends for
pentesting web applications.

Some of the significant changes included in weekly releases include:

* Completely rewritten 'traditional' Spider (c/o Cosmin Stefan and the
Google Summur of Code [GSoC])
* New Ajax Spider (using Crawljax, c/o Guifre Ruiz and the GSoC)
* Web sockets support (c/o Robert Koch and the GSoC)
* Performance improvements (both speed and memory)

For more details about the weekly releases please see the official ZAP
blog: http://zaproxy.blogspot.com/2012/10/zap-weekly-releases.html

Cheers,

Simon

--