Wireshark mailing list archives

WiFi Information

From: George Roebe <georgerroebe () live com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 16:07:29 -0500

Hi, I'm trying to get information similar to Statistics---Wlan traffic statistics using Tshark instead of wireshark. I
need this for two reasons. The first is that when using the bssid given WLAN window in wireshark, I get
'"Cisco_??:??:??" is not a valid hostname or Ethernet address.' error (? are acual values, obscured due to this being a
public list). The second is that I have little memory and opening the sniffer traces is extermely intensive for my
machine and the wireshark gui performs slowly---I prefer a command line inteface. I'm thankful for hints and help!