Wireshark mailing list archives

Reassemble packets decoding - not proper

From: "Rach, Darshan" <DarshanR () nds com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:14:32 +0530

Hi,

The decoding of fields in reassembled packets is not happening at the right offset.
I can explain the problem with the help of the below picture.
The highlighted reassembled packet bunch has the first byte as "FF". And that is equivalent to binary 11111111.
Hence, the expected value of those three fields (marked RED) should have been 1 (1 bit), 63 (6 bits) and 1 (1 bit).
But the decoding of those fields is not happening properly and it is decoding at some other offset.
Kindly let me know what might have gone wrong.
Source code attached.

[cid:image001.png@01CA7736.C3AC2AA0]

Regards,
Darshan

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the postmaster () nds com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of
e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com