Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: pcap to Text? Strip out pcap header information -> raw hex dump

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:46:45 +0100

Justin Barilar wrote:
All,

I have a few pcap captures that were captured using snoop on a Linux
machine. However, I'm looking to convert this pcap file to a raw dump of
the bytes of the packets, hence removing all the pcap header information
(global header, packet headers with timestamps).

I see there is a text2pcap function which is the opposite of what I want
to do. Is there any utility to accomplish what I want to do?

Regards,

Justin

Hi,

Sure, have a look at tshark. It can read pcap files and spit out all kinds of
details.

Thanks,
Jaap