Wireshark mailing list archives

Windows Authentication Across the Wire

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan () priceline com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:19:27 -0500

I'm running XP as a desktop and I'm trying to determine if the Windows Authentication process to the domain controller
and to the Exchange Server  is encrypted or not?

I will admit that I don't know that much about SMB and when I look at the sniffer traces I took, it seems rather
overcomplicated :) because the client opens up TCP connections to multiple servers.

Is there any documentation available that someone can recommend to help me learn more about this process?

Thanks

jack