Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: wireshark and matlab

From: "haneugen () yahoo de" <haneugen () yahoo de>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:12:40 +0100

haneugen () yahoo de wrote:
Hi,

is there a import or export available to further process data captured using wireshark with matlab?

Cheers,
hne

Hi,

That more or less depends on what kind of input matlab requires.

Wireshark has several export formats, as does tshark, or maybe even rawshark.

Thanx,
Jaap

Hi,

I must admit I am rather new to wireshark, thus I just used the export function of wireshark to export (producing a cvs
file) the data, which made it a rather difficult job to process the exported file. Matlab lets you read numerical data
from an ascii file into a matrix, where rows are separated by \n and columns by a white space. Thus to process TCP data
it would be helpful to be able sperate the values contained within the info/summary-field into different columns, e.g.
source port, desination port, window size, length, ACK-number, Flags, RTT (which I think is not possible on a per
packet base).

Cheers,
   Martin