Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Linux Compile

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:26:02 -0600

On Oct 11, 2009, at 7:22 PM, Rob wrote:

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and I have everything loaded that I need to
have loaded. In fact, when I run the ./autogen.sh, ./configure, and
make, I don't have a problem at
all. However, I can't seem to get my custom dissector to compile.
I've modified Custom.nmake.example into Custom.nmake, made all the
necessary changes internally to Custom.namke, created my folder and
inserted everything I need in the folder. However, when I run
through everything again, I never see anything about my custom
dissector.

As Tobias pointed out, the nmake files are only for Windows
development.  Refer to doc/README.plugins in the source tree (or at
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/README.plugins?view=markup)
  for the rest of the files you need to create for compilation on Unix
platforms.

Steve