Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 1.2.3 is now available

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:02:23 -0700

Ulf Lamping wrote:
Why not simply say:

Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from:

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

This way, lot's of mail clients will provide a direct link to click on,
which would make perfect sense to me here :-)

There is a link in the release notes (docbook/release-notes.xml):

    <para>
      Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from
      the <ulink url="http://www.wireshark.org/download.html";>download
      page</ulink> on the main web site.
    </para>

This disappears when you convert it to plain text. I'll change the text
to use the URL.