Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: problem in adding message in wireshark tree

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:14:22 +0100

On 28. okt. 2009, at 18.15, Beth wrote:

I just installed 1.2.3, and I'm seeing the same problem.  My 1.3.x
install works fine.

Do you have a sample lua script to show this?  I'm using the following
test script, which works as expected in version 1.2.3.  I think we may
have an issue with the new packet list in 1.3.x, because this script
does not work correctly in 1.3.x when building with the new packet
list.  The old packet list still works.

udp_len_f = Field.new("udp.length")
test_proto = Proto ("test", "Test Protocol")

function test_proto.dissector (buffer, pinfo, tree)
   pinfo.cols.info = "Test"

   local udp_len = udp_len_f()
   if udp_len then
     pinfo.cols.info = "UDP length: " .. udp_len.value
   end
end

register_postdissector(test_proto)

--