Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to add SNMP MIBs?

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood () fl net au>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:56:06 +1100

Hi Ulf.

How do I have to add additional SNMP MIBs?

Since the last time I did this, Wireshark switched from net-snmp to
libsmi. Are the steps to add them still the same?

1. Copy MIB files into Wireharks snmp folder

or add the MIB dirs to the search path - preferences->name
resolution->SMI(MIB and PIB paths)

2. Add SNMP module names (not file names!) to the Preferences

in preferences->name resolution->SMI(MIB and PIB modules)

3. Restart

yep

4. Look at the console for possible problems

libsmi is more picky that NetSNMP so problems are likely. I suggest you
use smilint to help sort out any issues.

Andrew

--
                -- Dr. Who