Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: position acquisition

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:23:57 -0600

On Oct 30, 2009, at 4:42 AM, Michel NoSpam wrote:

I would to know a which level Wireshark samples the IP packets.
I use a mobile phone as a modem (DUN). A flow control permits to
adjust the data flow from the PC to the modem.

We have a downlink and a uplink data flow.
Because of this flow control, we can see that the downlink TCP data
are not acknowledge immediately.
I would like to know where wireshark samples the data?
When the data leave the ipstack or when the data leave the PC?

(stack ip -> USB -> modem)

On Windows (which it sounds like you're running), Wireshark uses the
WinPcap library to do the actual capturing.  You can find more
information on WinPcap at their web site, http://www.winpcap.org,
including links to mailing lists where they may be able to provide
more details for you.

Steve