Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Duplicate Packets when importing .pcap from Cisco NAM module.

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:04:37 +0200

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 09:01:55PM +0400, Akhtar Rasool wrote:
I am seeing duplicate packets when importing packet captures from Cisco NAM
module into Wireshark. Would appreciate any ideas to avoid that. Thanks.

1) Learn how to avoid capturing packets twice
as you can't do that with an existing trace:
2) use editcap -d (and optionally -D #) to remove duplicates

ciao
   Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>