Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Cannot get wireshark mac-lte to work

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:22:26 +0100

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM, yi lu <luyi_louie () hotmail com> wrote:

 Hi,

I downloaded wireshark 1.2.10 linux version on my Ubuntu PC and
successfully built it and was able to run it. Now I am trying to use
MAC-LTE packet dissector on my PC. But, currently I am finding difficulty in
using it.

There are many changes and improvements to this dissector made in the last
year, and none of them have been copied to the 1.2 branch.

Fisrtly. I am using UDP packets to carry MAC-LTE frames.
Secondly,  I am using the packet-mac-lte.h from 1.2.10 release and the
sample program "mac_lte_logger.c" file given at wireshark site to generate
the packets.
Thirdly. I checked "try heuristics sub-dissector  first" on udp protocol in
preference.

I assume (from info below) that you also turned on the heuristic preference
in the mac-lte dissector.

Currently, I can see UDP packets in wireshark and UDP data starts with
"mac-lte". but, why can it not be decoded?

Help please!

I'm not sure why it hasn't worked, but I'd strongly recommend moving to
either the latest 1.4 release candidate, or (better) the current svn
sources, where I know this functionality is being used.  If you still have
problems there, I'd be happy to you to debug it.

Best regards,
Martin

BR,
Louie