Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: dumpcap -f question [Re: Can I get Wireshark to capture constantly, but not count to infinity ?]

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:21:36 -0400

Gregorio Tomas Focaccio wrote:
Phil,

Thanks for the dumpcap tip, it looks like a near perfect fit to my
needs.  You are right about a ring-buffer being superior to 'clearing
the slate', that is what I wanted, but didn't have a word for it.  I
wish there was a way to configure a ring-buffer within Wireshark.

There is: in the capture options window, select "Use multiple files" and
make sure "Ring buffer with [N] files" is selected.