Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Structure of protocol tree

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:28:43 +0100

Hi,

This 'colorize' is mainly intended to mark changeover into another
protocol.
Usually you see this at the top level (from the root), but occasionally
when a protocol is encapsulated (some ITU protocols show this).
As long as your 'structures' are at the top level, these could be
considered valid use if they are truly independant, otherwise it's just
poor style.

Thanks,
Jaap

If you refer to nested structures

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:59:35 +0100, "news.gmane.com"