Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Modify default settings?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:35:18 -0700

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 04:47:04PM +0000, Christopher Maynard wrote:

Not sure if other formatting could be made as well, such as using 2
lines to display certain text instead of 1 in order to help squeeze
more icons into the displayable area, e.g., "Auto Scroll in Live
Capture" is rather long.

I just changed this to read "Auto Scroll" instead in SVN revision 35108
to save space.  The other references remain "Auto Scroll in Live
Capture" such as in the View menu.

BTW, I have a dual-screen display, one 1440 wide and the other 1280
wide.  Even on the 1440 wide screen, not all icons are displayed when
the toolbar text is added.

I often run Cygwin/X to display a Unix version of Wireshark across the
network to a Windows XP machine as well as run Wireshark natively on the
Windows machine.  The icons in the Unix version are quite a bit bigger
on my 1280x1024 screen.  Before my change (see above), the Windows
version ends at "Auto Scroll in Live Capture" while the Unix version
ends before that at "Top".  I don't know why GTK+ would show different
sizes in Unix vs. Windows.