Wireshark mailing list archives

Bugtracking and patches

From: bernoulli <bernoulli01 () gmx de>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:18:03 +0100

Hello together,

I want a patch to be added to the svn repository.
As mentioned in the Wireshark developers guide I've opened a bug and
attached the patch.
Somehow it seems to me that this patch got lost. So maybe I got
something wrong, and this is the question:
If I open a new bug which I am going to fix I set the bug to assigned
(I've noticed that report and am working on it).
Is this wrong? Maybe core developers are searching for new bugs rather
than assigned one. How ist the
process - leave it as new or change the bug to assigned?

Regards,
     Marc.