Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 35145: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: Makefile.am /trunk/: Makefile.am.inc /trunk/wiretap/: Makefile.am /trunk/wsutil/: Makefile.am

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:06:10 -0500

rbalint () wireshark org wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=35145

User: rbalint
Date: 2010/12/07 05:38 AM

Log:
 Make libtool export only symbols listed in *.def files
[...]
Directory: /trunk/wsutil/
  Changes    Path           Action
  +6 -2      Makefile.am    Modified

Hmmm, libwsutil holds the optional targets (e.g., inet_aton() for
systems that don't have it).

At least on the MacOS 10.5 buildbots, nmedit complains if libtool asks
it to export a symbol that isn't present in the library.  I'm not sure
of an easy way to fix that (hacking the .def or the .sym file depending
on which optional targets are being built doesn't sound fun).  Any
ideas?  Or should we export all symbols from libwsutil?