Wireshark mailing list archives

Incorrect decoding at first time, then filtering at the second time corrects the decoding

From: Vishal Kumar Singh <vishal.ismdh () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:29:40 +0530

Hi All,

In wireshark, I am trying to decode a packet by taking its information from
the last decoded packet (Control packet and Data Packet). In the first time,
few data packet takes wrong information and, decodes the packet accordingly.
When I mark the faulty packet and clear the filter, the decoding of faulty
packet becomes good. What  should be the reason behind this? Please, help me
out.

regards,
Vishal Kumar Singh