Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to use lte_rrc in wireshark?

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:39:55 +0000

The LTE PDCP dissector is an example of how it can be called.  See
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/epan/dissectors/packet-pdcp-lte.c?revision=31661&view=markup

The function pasted below works out hotwto get the appropriate dissector
handle.  Search the file to see how that dissector handle is then used to
call the dissector on the appropriate range of bytes.
Note that the MAC and RLC dissectors also have support for calling the RRC
dissector for transparent mode - by setting preferences appropriately you
should be able to decode many RRC messages starting from captured MAC
frames.

Hope this helps,
Martin

*/* Look for an RRC dissector for signalling data (using channel type
and direction) */*
*static* dissector_handle_t *lookup_rrc_dissector_handle*(*struct*
pdcp_lte_info  *p_pdcp_info)
{
    dissector_handle_t rrc_handle = 0;

    *switch* (p_pdcp_info->channelType)
    {
        *case* *Channel_CCCH*:
            *if* (p_pdcp_info->direction == DIRECTION_UPLINK) {
                rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.ul.ccch"*);
            }
            *else* {
                rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.dl.ccch"*);
            }
            *break*;
        *case* *Channel_PCCH*:
            rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.pcch"*);
            *break*;
        *case* *Channel_BCCH*:
            *switch* (p_pdcp_info->BCCHTransport) {
                *case* *BCH_TRANSPORT*:
                    rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.bcch.bch"*);
                    *break*;
                *case* *DLSCH_TRANSPORT*:
                    rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.bcch.dl.sch"*);
                    *break*;
            }
            *break*;
        *case* *Channel_DCCH*:
            *if* (p_pdcp_info->direction == DIRECTION_UPLINK) {
                rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.ul.dcch"*);
            }
            *else* {
                rrc_handle = find_dissector(*"lte-rrc.dl.dcch"*);
            }
            *break*;

        *default*:
            *break*;