Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 31774: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-clnp.c packet-p_mul.c packet-tcp.c packet-x25.c

From: didier <dgautheron () magic fr>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:15:28 +0100

Hi,
Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 09:45 +0100, Stig Bjørlykke a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:
NDS's "Reassembled length" field is in generated code; the generator is tools/ncp2222.py.  I've updated that.

We have some other dissectors with just "Reassembled length", the plan
was to match this with the name of the data source.

Should the field names be "{proto}.reassembled.length", or "{proto}.reassembled_length"?  Do we expect to have
other fields with information associated with the reassembly?
A 'Reassembled by' field would be helpful when a PDU isn't fully
reassembled.

It's an issue when a heuristic dissector wrongly grab a conversation,
often it finds a big PDU length and there's no easy way to know which
dissector is the culprit.

Didier