Wireshark mailing list archives

Decrypting SSL with Wireshark

From: "sieger007 () gmail com" <sieger007 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:28:54 -0800

Hi Folks
I am  interesting in using Wireshark for Penetration Testing work. SSL has
always intrigued me. I heard it is poss to decrypt traffic using WS.
Wireshark documentation. Has more stuff on it but it all sounds so Greeky. I
can't follow squat of that .
Can SOMEONE PLEASE point to some video tutorial or gimme a plain and simple
tutorial how this is done.
What'd be the success rate . Did anyone have luck doing this with  some 9/10
success . Please help
Thanks