Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: duplicate outcome in tree

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:53:08 -0800

On Jan 27, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Brian Oleksa wrote:

When I print out the ipv4 address in the tree... I get the following:

IPv4: 192.168.2.8 (192.168.2.8)

Why am I getting double ip addresses in the output..??

Because it's trying to resolve 192.168.2.8 and failing, and the code that displays FT_IPv4 fields currently displays
both the raw IP address and:

        if the address was resolved, the host name it got;

        if the address wasn't resolved, the IP address again.